11/18/2013

Chelsea Piers


Faux Leather Vest- H&M
Top- Made by me
Maxi Skirt- Similar or Here


Yesterday was a very gloomy/ misty day in New York and I decided to take a walk to  Chelsea Piers to dream....think....clear my head. I love taking little walks around the city especially to peaceful places like the park or pier. The pier was a little more quiet  than usual when I visited yesterday, because it was raining and almost everyone stayed indoors. Though it was raining, it actually wasn't that cold, so I was able to wear a shear flowy maxi skirt and a cowl neck top with lots of volume that was made by me.
For some reason, I usually never wear any of the things I make, but this top seemed so fitting for the whole look plus, it was pretty cozy so why not!?. I threw on  my favourite oversized faux leather vest for a little more layering and you can see another way how I styled it (here). I really love the play between the soft element of the maxi skirt against the grunge/bourgeois feel of the vest...it's an interesting play on volume and textures which is something I always love experimenting with. Hope you all have a great weekend and I can't wait to share a lot more upcoming posts with you this week


Style ALIEN *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment