5/19/2014

Broken Bells

Casual spring day.


Sweater- H&M
Skirt- AMI Clubwear
Scarf- Vintage
Shoes- UNIF Holy Grail
Evil Eye Ring- Michal Golan

What I love most about spring is that, you can mix both warm and cool colours and it'll still portray a great look. Since the Spring season started, I've been trying my best to stay away from all black looks...mainly because we had such a long and miserable Winter here in New York and all I wore then was all black from head-to-toe. So, incorporating for colours for this season shall be my main aim. 
For this look, I kept it pretty casual in a lightweight pull over sweater by H&M. I don't typically like wearing too much florals but the great thing about the florals on this sweater is that its not really overbearing and the placement hits in just the right spots. Since this look could have quickly turned into and black and white combo, I added a bold element of surprise by wearing this lovely vintage scarf that I've had since forever. Right now I'm in the middle of packing all my things in boxes and it's so funny how I found so many things in my closet that I thought I had lost forever. This scarf happens to be one that I thought I had lost...well, it reapppeared one day and I knew I had to incorporate it in my look somehow before it turned into Summer and got too hot to wear. 
For accessories, I decided to go with a bold statement necklace, possibly one of my favourite necklace of all time...mainly because there is so much history and a whole backstory on how I even got the necklace in the first place (good time in Jamaica). I'm also wearing one of my newest edition to my jewelry family, Michal Golan's evil eye pendant ring. I'll give more details on the brand on a post coming up later on this week so stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment